Phase One Plans (Oct. 2001)The initial phase was planned during July 2001. We decided that the priority had to be getting the house ready to withstand the winter. The winter of 2000/2001 generated tremendous water penetration and water logged beams. That meant that the roof was the first thing to be repaired. In order to put on a new roof, we needed to have scaffolding erected around the house. With scaffolding up, we decided to maximize our use and complete the other outside projects at the same time. [The picture on the right shows the East view of the roof prior to renovation.]
Our exterior permits were approved on September 10, 2001. Then the World Trade Center tragedy occurred on September 11. We needed to wait until the actual permits were issued which did not take place until mid-October. The first day of work was October 23. The contractor initially placed a 3-4 month schedule on this phase. However the work took eight months to complete. We needed to remove the brick staining we saw once we removed the paint.
The work completed in Phase One is as follows:
|HOME | ABOUT THE HOUSE | HOUSE HISTORY | DESIGN PLANS | PHOTO GALLERIES | FEEDBACK|